NANCY WARREN – CO-CHAIR:
, (805) 544-3288
C/O David Peterson
1835 Atascadero Road
Morro Bay, California 93442
The ADR Section of the San Luis Obispo Bar Association provides the opportunity for local ADR providers and those interested in Alternative Dispute Resolution, to join together for the following:
- To discuss and learn more about effective methods of practice
- To participate in MCLE Section programs and roundtable discussions to enhance awareness of the most up to date laws, trends, theories and conditions affecting ADR
- To have contact with others in the Section to answer questions, discuss various topics and to locate ADR resources that will help a member in his or her ADR practice
- Membership involves a commitment to certain ethical standards of practice and, as with any professional affiliation, increases the credibility of the Member with regard to his or her practice
- Members who qualify for membership on the ADR Practitioners’ Panel will have the ability to be included in the Bar web site and in a binder to which attorneys and the public will have access providing more exposure to the practicing Member’s information along with a link to their own web site. There are strict qualification requirements for Panel Membership to assure excellence
- Members will be part of a long-standing organization committed to excellence and the evolution of higher standards, knowledge, skills and effectiveness in the area of ADR.
It is the responsibility of the ADR Section of the San Luis Obispo County Bar Association to:
- Maintain an organization of legal professionals who are trained and qualified to provide alternative dispute resolution services.
- Adopt and promote principles and ethical standards to assure that the ADR services provided by its members are of the highest quality.
- Provide training and education to its members and to members of the bar, in the field of alternative dispute resolution.
- Promote among the bar and the community a greater understanding of alternative dispute resolution and its use in a variety of disputes.
- Interact with the court to provide quality and reliable ADR resources that the court may utilize as needed.